BC8372 – SRM Futures and more
VMware is working on a new SRM version in the labs. if you want to know more on SRM goto VMware SRM
I will give you here some product higlights (can change because product is still in devellopment.
* both sites (protected and recovery) are visible in 1 interface. Communication will be encrypted between sites. Certificates can be used.
* Array Managers for both sites can be configured from within one SRM UI. There will be tight integration towards storage.
* SRA interface will be available for each adapter. This will give you a overview of the arrays.
* Array Diagnostics is available to have an overview on storage connections
* Protection groups can be organized in folders
* Protection groups are available for both sites. This to enable failback.
* Protection groups will give of status of individual VM’s.
* Recovery plans are available for both sites to support failback.
* Quick summary for recovery plan and last operation.
* VM startup order can be set in recovery plann
* You can create VM dependencies. Can also start scripts before and after a VM poweron
* IP Custimazation can now be set in VM configuration. You can set een ip config for protected and recovery site.
* Also IPv6 support.
* Possible to do a planned failover. This will assure no data loss dureing migration. This is possible because of tight integration with storage.
* Dashboard will show evolution of the failover on VM level.
* after a failover a Reprotect can be done so a failback can be done without losing data. SRM will tell to the storage to start replication the the other way. A status can be follwoed.
Looking at all these new features, we can hope this version is launched very soon??
Nice work VMware, go on.