VMware vSphere Client for Ipad now avaible
Since VMworld San Francisco 2010 we are waiting for this nice app for the Ipad. VMware today released this app via the iTunes store for FREE (Direct Link), just as the VMware View Client for IPAD (Direct Link).
What are the features available in this app?
- Search for vSphere hosts and virtual machines in your vSphere environment
- Monitor the performance of vSphere hosts and virtual machines
- Manage virtual machines with the ability to start, stop and suspend
- View and restore your virtual machines’ snapshots
- Reboot vSphere hosts or put them into maintenance mode
- Diagnose vSphere hosts and virtual machines using built-in ping and traceroute tools
What is required for this app to be able to manage your vCenter?
vCenter Mobile Access (vCMA) virtual appliance available from the VMware Labs: http://labs.vmware.com/flings/vcma (Now supports SSL)
NOTE: This app is available as is, with community support.
- Network connection to the vCMA virtual appliance; can use built-in VPN client
VMware vSphere and VMware vCenter Server
Look at my blog entry to see how to setup the vCMA : limited-vsphere-management-using-a-mobile-device
An overview of the architecture