here my first blog from VMWorld 2010 San Francisco.
At Sunday before the conference started I had the opportunity to have a look at the Lab room? Duncan Epping has written a nice article about the Lab Rome located in Moscone West. Have a look here http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2010/08/29/vmworld-2010-labs-are-the-place-to-be
Here some facts on the lab:
- A in house written tool called “LabCloud” will be used to manage everything.
- LabCloud uses 12 labmanager environments and some vCenters to provision a lot of vm’s.
- There will be about 30 labs available The lab list
- 480 concurrent sessions can be done.
- about 5000 vm’s each hour will be reprovisioned
- the lab is open for a total of 40 hours
- predictions are that at the end more the 70k vm’s will be provisiond during this week.
- Lab is based on a hybrid cloud, 1 datacenter local and 2 in external datacenters
- Paperless office approach, 2 screens, 1 to do the lab, 1 with the lab manual. And evaluations will be online.
If you are in San francisco, you have to labs to get some handson.
If you are not in SF and you come to VMworld EMEA, you can see the same setup over there (only not that many places)
Hope you will enjoy.