Doing a P2V is very easy using the VMware Converter (Standard / Enterprise). But after the machine has been migrated the P2V is not yet finished, we need to do some extra stuff.
- Remove all hardware related software via add / remove programs (if possible) or disable the service.
- Old unused devices should be removed using device manager after setting a special SET parameter (set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1). This can be done manually are using a script.
- Update virtual hardware settings (CPU / Memory)
- Enter the IP configuration on the new NIC. (Can be automated)
- Depending on the MS license you are using you maybe need to reactivate.